Greetings, and Welcome to H.M.S. Beagle
H.M.S. Beagle: the Store
Our Contact Information:
Address: 180 English Landing Drive, Suites 110 & 120, in Historic Downtown Parkville, MO 64152
Telephone: 816.587.9998; Fax: 816.587.9997
E-mails: Carol: email@example.com; John: firstname.lastname@example.org; Customer Service: email@example.com
STORE HOURS: Mon: 12:00 (Noon)-7:00 pm; Tue-Thu: 10:00 am-7:00 pm; Fri: 10:00 am-8:00 pm; Sat: 10:00 am-7:00 pm; Sun: 12:00 Noon)-5:00 pm.
Welcome to H.M.S. Beagle! Your natural selection for science fun!
We invite you to join us as you explore the world of science … from rock collecting to star gazing to robotics! We have what you need for your next science adventure, DIY project or research!
We invite you to visit our store in Historic Parkville, Missouri, or our online store. We have telescopes (and all the accessories you want!); microscopes; chemistry sets, labware and chemicals (over 600 different chemicals and chemical elements); rockets; and robotics. We have a great selection of posters and science books for adults and students. Plus, we have the largest selection of minerals and fossils in the Kansas City area.
Our Pebbles and Plants (K - 3rd grade) and Young Scientists (4th – 8th grade) Science Clubs meet monthly. Our adult science club, The Beagle Society, provides opportunities to learn about the newest science discoveries and a learning community for amateur and professional scientists.
We are a great resource for students and teachers in public, private and home schools. We’re also Greater Kansas City’s project resource for makers, hackers and DIYers; we sponsor MAKE: KC, the folks who brought the Maker Faires to Kansas City.
Each month we offer workshops on a variety of science topics, from building rockets to robotics projects to making perfume from essential oils. Our free Star Parties are a great way to learn about the night sky and using a telescope. Annual events include October Skies (Rocket Science Day) and student fossil digs. We also offer The HMS Beagle Science Fair Academy, a one-week day camp in the summer for students in 4th through 8th grades where they learn about the scientific method and research and how to properly do a Science Fair project.
H.M.S. Beagle is an independent, locally owned business since 2004. The Beagle Crew includes a chemist, astronomer, geologist and paleontologist. Do you need a mineral identified; do you think you have found a meteorite? How about help with your telescope? Or help putting together a custom chemistry set? Or find that perfect gift for a budding scientist? We offer personal service and technical advice.Come by and see us and join the science fun!
Finding the Beagle
- Downtown Kansas City & North Kansas City: Highway 169 to Highway 9 North, or Highway 9 North
- The Northland (Smithville, Gladstone): Highway 152 West to Interstate 29 South, then Highway 45 West to Highway 9 South
- Northeast KC Metro (Liberty, Pleasant Valley, Kearney): Interstate 35 South to Interstate 29 North, then Interstate 635 South to Highway 9 North
- Northwest KC Metro (St. Joseph, Platte City): Interstate 29 South to Highway 45 West (Northwest 64th Street), then Highway 9 South
- Leavenworth & Weston: Highway 45 South to Highway 45 East, then Highway 9 South
- East KC Metro (Independence, Grain Valley): Interstate 70 West to Downtown Kansas City, then as above
- South Kansas City, Lee's Summit, Grandview: Highway 71 North to Downtown Kansas City, then as above
- Johnson and Wyandotte Counties: Interstate 35 to Interstate 635 North, then Highway 9 North
The H.M.S. Beagle website is undergoing further updates to make it more useful and a better experience for all. If you have questions or comments about the site, please email and let us know what other improvements you would like to see. Thank you for your support!