Telescope Basics Workshops
Next Date: Thursday, 15 Marcy 2012: Telescope Basics Workshop; 7 - 9pm
At H.M.S. Beagle we hold regular Telescopes Basics Workshops to teach you the essentials of the telescope. These bi-monthly workshops will help you to learn what you will need to know to enter the world of amateur astronomy.
- Thursday, 7 June 2013; 7 - 9pm
- Thursday, 2 August 2013; 7 - 9pm
- Thursday, 4 October 2013; 7 - 9pm
- BONUS: How to Select a Telescope Workshop
- Friday, 22 November 2013; 7pm
- Suitable for: Students Aged 10+ and Adults
- Workshop Fee: $5, free if you bought your telescope from H.M.S. Beagle
- Seats Available: 12
- RSVP: Required to confirm your seat, please email, telephone 816-587-9998.
So you want to learn how to use a telescope? Do you want to learn the basics that you will need to know in order to purchase the best first telescope for you? Then join us for our bi-monthly Telescope Basics workshops.
Learn about the differences between refractors and reflectors, how to choose eyepieces, and how to select the best telescope for yourself. Our sessions are presented by H.M.S. Beagle staff member Leif Bahl, a keen, long-time amateur astronomer possessed of a thorough and wide-ranging knowledge of the science - and fun - of messing about with telescopes.
Sessions are $5, or free if you bought your telescope from us at the Beagle. Reservations are required for most events. Please check our Events Calendar for upcoming dates and times.